Data Controller and Data Processor
The Data Controller is Aquafil S.p.A. Tax ID No. 09652170961, with registered office in via Linfano 9, Arco, 38062.
The Data Processor is MAIZE s.r.l. with registered office in Roncade (TV) Via Sile, 41 31056, VAT No./ Tax ID No. 07751720017 as regards the management of the website and the servers on which it is hosted, as well as the storage of the users’ personal data.
It should be noted that a complete and updated list of the subjects to whom the data may be communicated in their capacity as data processors may be requested through the use of one of the communication channels made available to the Company for the data subjects’ exercise by data subjects of their rights, as indicated further below.
Documents, images, trademarks and anything else published and reproduced on this Site are the property of Aquafil S.p.A. and any reproduction of such items to the public is prohibited.
Personal data processing
This information is intended to allow users to know how Aquafil S.p.A. processes personal data even before they access the various sections of the Site and provide their data, and it will still be necessary for the user to take note of it before providing personal data.
Purposes and legal basis of processing
The registration of users on the Site is not required for the provision of certain services offered by Aquafil S.p.A. However, in order to meet any requests made by users regarding such services, users will be asked to provide personal details, which will be processed only for the purposes and for the period strictly necessary.
According to the needs expressed from time to time by the user who accesses the various sections of the Site, the purposes of the processing of personal data may be as follows:
- a) allow registration to the Site, necessary to access particular sections of the Site itself and to provide and manage the various services offered. Such processing is based on the provision of a service at the request of the user, in which case the data are processed to enable the display of web pages of the Site and the use of services offered by the Site itself, to manage the activities resulting from the completion of online forms in the various sections of the website, to answer the requests/questions of the user and to manage commercial relationships.
- b) carry out marketing activities (such as, merely by way of example and not limited to, the sending of informative, promotional and advertising material), and this also by e-mail, fax, MMS and SMS. In this case the data are processed to send by e-mail or SMS, telephone or similar – even by automated methods of contact – promotional and commercial communications relating to services/products similar to those already offered by the Data Controller and/or new services offered by the Data Controller, reporting of corporate events conferences, workshops, training courses, webinars or whitepapers, subscription and forwarding newsletters only in case of express request. Such processing includes the communication of personal data to partner companies – e.g. third parties and/or other companies in the group – for the purposes of traditional and non-conventional marketing, telemarketing, commercial information, the sending of advertising material or the carrying out of market research, direct sales activities or interactive commercial communications on products, services and other activities relating to third party products.
This is without prejudice to the data subject’s right to object at any time to such processing or to revoke the consent already given for the processing of his or her personal data for this purpose.
- c) perform statistical analysis of the use of the Site; in this case the data are processed for web analysis activities, verification of the number of visitors to the Site, control of the trend of relations with the users of the Site.
- d) carry out profiling activities; in this case personal data are processed to analyse the user’s preferences, habits, behaviour, interests, inferred from online clicks on articles/sections of the site or from responses to specific requests and/or inputs from the Data Controller, in order to send personalized commercial communications, carry out targeted promotional actions, business intelligence. The processing for profiling purposes will take place, in case of consent, with data processing tools that, following cross-referencing, will create a commercial and behavioural profile of the customer on the web. This processing tool links the data collected during navigation on the site with those collected through the appropriate forms; these data and/or information, moreover, will be associated with any and/or additional data and/or information already in our possession as a result of the user’s access to our services.
Please note that the processing of data carried out for the purposes referred to in point a) is based on the execution of a contract to which the user is a party and of the services requested by the same.
The processing for the purposes referred to in point b) is based on the legitimate interest of the Data Controller pursuant to Art. 6, § 1, lett. f) of the GDPR and on the consent of the user and, more specifically, as regards the sending of newsletters, the legal basis is consent. The purposes referred to in point c) are based on the legitimate interest of the Data Controller to manage the Site, to maintain its proper functioning and to protect its rights. The legal basis for the processing of data for profiling purposes (point d) is the explicit and informed consent of the user, optional and revocable at any time.
Categories of personal data processed and processing methods
- as regards contractual purposes (a): processing and collecting of navigation data and data communicated by the user;
- as regards marketing and sending newsletters and profiling (b, d): processing and collecting of navigation data and data provided by the user;
- as regards statistical analysis (c): processing of navigation data.
Nature of the users’ provision of personal data and consequences of the refusal to answer
The provision of personal data is optional only for the processing of data related to the purposes referred to in paragraphs b) and c). For the purposes referred to in point a), however, it is mandatory.
Some personal data are strictly necessary for the functioning of the Site, others are used only to obtain anonymous statistical information on the use of the Site and to check its correct functioning.
Navigation data are acquired automatically by the Data Controller and are also necessary to satisfy the contractual purpose (a).
As regards the data communicated by the user in the request forms of the Site and acquired subsequently also by virtue of questions or inputs from the Data Controller, however, the user is free to choose whether to provide them or not and their absence can only lead to the impossibility of being contacted or to obtain the requested service.
The refusal to provide data or the complete opposition to their processing for the purposes indicated in point a) may make it impossible to satisfy certain requests/questions and to manage future and eventual commercial relations.
The refusal to use the data for the purposes referred to in points b) and c) will not have any effect on existing business relationships with the user.
with regard to marketing activities (including the sending of the newsletter) and profiling, in case of conferment, the user can decide at any time to stop receiving the related communications by clicking on the link at the bottom of each email or by contacting the Data Controller directly at the address email@example.com.
Scope of communication or dissemination of personal data of users
Personal data provided directly by users will not be communicated to third parties or disseminated.
Personal data may be processed by employees or collaborators of the Communication Department and the Human Resources Department of the Data Controller who work under the direct authority of the latter, according to the operating instructions defined by the same.
Storage of personal data
The data storage period depends on the specific purpose for which they are collected and processed, and in particular:
- a) Contractual and statistical purposes: for the entire duration of the contract and, after its termination, for 10 years.
- b) Marketing purposes and the sending of newsletters: until the right of opposition is exercised; in case of no opposition, for 24 months.
After the expiry of the aforementioned storage period, the personal data will be deleted and destroyed or made anonymous if not already in anonymous form.
- c) Profiling purposes: until the revocation of consent exercisable by contacting the Data Controller directly; in case of no opposition, for 12 months.
Transfer of personal data abroad
Rights of users as per Articles 15 to 20 of the GDPR
Pursuant to Articles from 15 to 20 of the GDPR, the data subjects have the right to obtain, at any time:
- Confirmation of the existence or otherwise of processing concerning them and access to their data, including information regarding: – the purpose of the processing; – the categories of personal data being processed; – the recipients to whom the data are or will be communicated; – whether the data are transferred outside the European Union and the existence of the relevant safeguards; – the data retention period or the criterion for determining it; – any right to rectification and erasure of data, restriction and opposition to processing; – the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority; – the origin of the data, if the data have not been collected through the data subject; – the existence of an automated decision-making process;
- a copy of the personal data being processed, if this does not infringe the rights and freedoms of others;
- the rectification of inaccurate personal data;
- the erasure of personal data concerning them;
- revocation of the consent given;
- limitation of the processing of personal data;
- personal data provided in a structured format of common use and readable by electronic device, even for transmission to another Data Controller.
In addition, pursuant to Articles 21 and 22 of the GDPR, data subjects have the right to:
- object at any time, for legitimate reasons related to their situation, to the processing of data relating to them and necessary for the performance of public interest tasks or the pursuit of the legitimate interest of the Data Controller;
- not be subjected to decisions based solely on automated processing, which may have legal effects or significantly affect the data subject.
In particular, the data subject may at any time oppose the sending of communications relating to commercial activities, marketing and profiling by selecting the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of the email containing the newsletter.
The user may, at any time, exercise the above rights:
– by sending a letter to be sent by ordinary mail to: Aquafil S.p.A., via Linfano 9, Arco, 38062, ITALY;
– by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The above-mentioned rights can be exercised directly or by conferring, in writing, proxy or power of attorney to individuals or associations.
Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority
Pursuant to Article 77 of the GDPR, the data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority if he/she considers that a processing operation concerning him/her violates the legal provisions on the protection of personal data in force.
What is a cookie and what does it do?
A cookie is a small file that is sent to your browser and saved on your device when you visit a web site. Cookies allow the Site to function efficiently and improve its services, as well as provide information to the Data Controller of the Site for statistical or advertising purposes, mainly to personalize your browsing experience by remembering your preferences (for example, remembering the language and currency parameters you set, recognizing you on your next visit, etc.).
What cookies we use and for what purposes
Our Site uses various types of cookies and similar technologies, each of which has a specific function. Below is a table explaining them.
Navigation cookies (necessary/technical): from the first access, these cookies allow the Site to function correctly and allow you to view content on your device by recognizing the language and market of the country from which you have chosen to connect. If you are a registered user, they will allow you to be recognized and to access the services offered by the dedicated areas. Navigation cookies are technical cookies and are necessary for the functioning of the Site.
Functional (necessary/technical) cookies: these cookies allow you, at your express request, to be recognized when you next access the Site so that you do not have to enter your information each time (e.g. “Remember me”). If you have added items to your shopping cart and closed the session without completing the purchase and without deleting those items, these cookies allow you to continue your shopping experience the next time you access the Site (within a limited time period), finding the same items that you selected. Functional cookies are not essential to the operation of the Site, but rather enhance the quality and experience of browsing.
Analytical (technical) cookies: these cookies are used to carry out statistical analyses of how users navigate our Site. We process the results of these analyses anonymously and solely for statistical purposes. We use some analytical cookies managed by third parties in order to collect information on the use of our Site. These cookies, which are similar to technical cookies, are processed in aggregate and anonymous form in order to monitor the areas of the Site that are visited most, improve its content, facilitate its use by the user and monitor the proper functioning of the Site.
More specifically, we use the service offered by Google Analytics in order to have a complete and reliable service of statistics about the use of the Site itself.
In order to guarantee the user’s privacy in the most rigorous way possible, we have provided for IP anonymization (therefore Google Analytics will anonymize the IP address as soon as this is technically possible in the upstream passage of the network where the data collection takes place).
In addition to this, please be advised that the advertising and data sharing options with Google have not been activated and that Google Analytics has not been linked to any additional service: the processing is carried out for purely statistical purposes and therefore, on the basis of what is explicitly provided by the Privacy Guarantor, the Analytics cookies have been equated with technical cookies and as such can be installed without your prior consent.
Our own and third-party marketing and profiling cookies: these cookies are designed to create profiles of you in order to send you marketing messages that match the preferences you have expressed during your visit, or to improve your browsing experience. Hence, while you are browsing our Site, these cookies are useful to show you products that interest you or that are similar to those you have viewed. Third-party cookies are those that have been sent by our trusted third-party companies. These cookies allow us to provide you with our marketing offer on other affiliated websites (retargeting). With third-party cookies, we have no control over the information provided by the cookie and do not have access to this data. This information is entirely controlled by third-party cookies as described in the third parties’ respective privacy policies.
Social networking cookies: these cookies are required to allow your social account to interact with our Site. For example, they are used to express your appreciation and share it with your social networking friends. Social networking cookies are not required for navigation.
How do I disable cookies and manage my preferences?
For Google Analytics, the user can disable cookies by installing the opt-out component provided by Google on their browser, available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
When you access our Site, you will see a banner containing a summary of the cookies we use. Acceptance of all cookies is only required when you first access the Site, but can be revoked at any time.
Your acceptance is stored in a technical cookie, so that you can access the pages of our Site directly on subsequent visits. You have the right to deactivate cookies at any time or to delete them. In this case, you will be asked to accept them again when you return to the Site.
The deactivation of third-party cookies does not prevent the use of the Site.
Handling of cookies via the browser
At any time, you can authorize, limit or block cookies through your browser settings. However, if your device is preset to reject them, some of the Site’s services may not be displayed correctly or function sub-optimally and, in particular, operations that identify the user and maintain identification within the session may be more complex to perform and less secure in the absence of technical cookies.
Here is the procedure to follow to manage cookies from the following browsers:
For mobile devices, you should refer to their instruction manuals to find out how to manage cookies.
Processing methods, scope and duration
The personal data collected through our Site are processed in accordance with EU Regulation No. 679/2016 (GDPR), Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 and Legislative Decree No. 101/2018, as well as with the Provision of the Privacy Guarantor No. 229 of 8 May 2014 and the Guidelines about cookies and other tracking tools of 10 June 2021 (Published in O.J. No. 163 of 9 July 2021).
Personal data are processed by the staff of Aquafil S.p.A. who act on the basis of specific instructions provided by the Data Controller regarding the purposes and methods of processing and have been expressly authorized, having also received adequate operational instructions.
Transfer of data to non-EU countries
Data collected using third-party cookies may be transferred to countries outside the European Union whose level of data protection has been deemed adequate by the European Commission pursuant to Article 45 of the GDPR.
In addition, personal data may be transferred abroad to countries outside the EU, and in particular to the United States (by way of example but not limited to, Google, Hubspot, Social Network), subject to the signing of the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted/approved by the European Commission pursuant to Art. 46, §2, lett. c) and d).
Data collected using all other cookies will not be further disseminated.
For further information, please refer to the relative Privacy Policies available at the indicated links.
Rights of the data subject
You have the right to access your personal data, to ask for them to be corrected, updated, integrated and deleted, as well as to request the limitation of their processing and the portability of the personal data collected by the Data Controller by sending a registered letter with return receipt to the address of Aquafil S.p.a., via Linfano 9, Arco, 38062 or an email to email@example.com.
Cookies on this website:
- Google: Analytics tracking cookie (anonymous IP), Google maps, Google fonts
- Language choice: _icl_current_language
- https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/ Facebook
- https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=en Twitter
- https://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/privacy/ Youtube
- http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/ Google+
- https://vimeo.com/cookie_policy Vimeo
- Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/technologies/managing
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
Changes to this Policy
Aquafil S.p.A. therefore invites you to visit this section regularly in order to be constantly updated on the purposes and methods of collection and on the processing of data and their use.