Nylon Waste rescue
Freeing the Earth from Waste
PA6 WASTE RESCUE
Nylon 6 waste is collected all over the world and sent to the ECONYL® waste treatment center in Ajdovščina, Slovenia.
Waste is collected through different initiatives and projects:
- The ECONYL® Reclaiming Program – Our reclaim managers are expanding the waste collection network, across the globe with operations in the USA, Egypt, Greece, Pakistan, Thailand, Norway and Turkey.
- The Healthy Seas, a journey from waste to wear initiative – Volunteer divers are recovering abandoned or lost ghost nets from the bottom of the seas in Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece and Croatia.
- Net-Works™– Founded by Interface with Zoological Society London, it is a social initiative to empower coastal communities in the Philippines and Cameroon to collect and sell discarded fishing nets.
THE WASTE WE RECOVER COMES FROM:
- FISHING NETS (spent fish farming nets and ghost fishing nets)
- FLUFF (the upper part of old, spent Nylon carpets)
- INDUSTRIAL PLASTIC WASTE
- YARN DISCARDS
- FABRICS SRAPS (with a special take-back program with Speedo USA)